This is from a while back but it was too cute to not share :). Trinity came to me and asked me for some paper, a pretty frequent request from her, so I handed some over and she disappeared for awhile. She had created her own zoo!
MY ZOO BY: TRINITY
MUCES – Monkeys
CHIKS – Chicks ELUFNS – Elephants
GRAEFS – Giraffes LINS - Lions
CATS – Cats FROGS – Frogs
FAIRYS – Fairies EElS – Eels
BAIRS - Bears
ALUGATRS – Alligators MANUT – Manatee
We all toured her cute little zoo and then her and Keenan played with all the stuffed animals she had gathered! Obviously we are in the midst of phonetic spelling, especially for something that she came up with on her own. However don’t fret we are teaching her to spell things correctly when the words are age appropriate. I just love the fact that writing does not intimidate her!! She will write several sentences about a topic and spell some of the words phonetically and others (mostly sight words) correctly. At this stage I’m just glad she is comfortable getting her ideas down on paper :).
So cute and very creative! I think she did a great job with the spelling.
ReplyDeleteThat's fabulous! What fun and what a great little independent learner!
ReplyDelete